Water Filter for Your Kitchen
Adequate supply of safe drinking water is one of the major prerequisites for a healthy life.
Consuming enough water is taken for granted, but keeping hydrated can have a huge impact on overall health.
Drinking water is derived from two basic services, source water- rivers and reservoirs and ground water. Tap water contains dirt, minerals, chemicals and other impurities that make it smell and taste bad.
Bottled water is an alternative to tap water but the effects of bottled water on the environment is damaging. According to a 2001 report from the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWFN), approximately 1.5 million tons of plastic are expected in the bottling of 89 billion liters of water each year.
The better alternative to bottled water is filtered water, available from your home taps through a water filter system.
What is a water filter?
A water filter removes impurities from water by means of a fine physical barrier, a chemical process or a biological process.
Benefits of filtered water:
- Better tasting and smelling water due to the removal of chlorine and bacteria contaminants
- Removal of lead from drinking water immediately prior to consumption, therefore preventing harmful substance from entering the body
- Source of clean healthy water that costs much less than bottled water
- Water filters are known to greatly reduce the risk of rectal cancer, colon cancer and bladder cancer by removing chlorine by products from drinking water
- A solid block carbon filter can selectively remove dangerous contamination from drinking water while retaining healthy mineral deposits that balance the PH of drinking water
- Drinking clean filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall greater health
- A water filter provides clean healthy water for cooking as well as drinking at the convenience of tap water
- Water filters reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 33 percent by removing cryptosporidium and giardia from drinking water
Types of water filters available:
Whole House Filters –
- Drinking pure water is important for the well-being of young children’s developing immune system
- Water filters offer the last line of defense between the body and over 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water
which is placed in the main water line entering the home and is designed to remove sediment and also rust particles from all water entering the home.
Undersink Filters –
There are different types of undersink filters available and choosing one is dependent on one’s individual need. Some undersink filters will remove bad tastes and odors and others may remove lead, bacteria, etc. Units may have multiples cartridges and each is designed to filter a particular type of contaminant. Undersink filters are convenient and efficient as they filter water from the specific faucet only thereby reducing the demands on the filter cartridges.
These, connect directly to the faucet and require no plumbing connections. Some filters are designed to remove bad tastes and colors while the more sophisticated ones have lead and cyst filtering capabilities. They are small and very easy to install
Countertop or Canisters Filters –
These are the simplest water filters available. They are like counter-top appliances and filter water from different contaminants. Some of these filters must remain on the countertop while others require connection to the spigot and require that water poured through them. They are similar to that of a drip coffee maker.
Find Out If DESIGN BUILD PLANNERS Is Right For You click here →