These East Brunswick, New Jersey homeowners wanted to make many changes to their home, while adding a lot of new area. This two-story addition project included adding new, re-configuring old, and even renovating existing space. The homeowners hired the Design Build Planners to create the home renovation designs. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the project.
The complete bullet point scope of the two-story addition project is outlined below.
- 1st floor rear addition
- Great room including eating area
- Powder room in rear corner
- In Law Suite bathroom
- Kitchen Island with seating for 3 and sink/dishwasher
- Remodel existing kitchen in same location, add double oven/microwave combination
- Convert existing family room into an in law bedroom
- Reconfigure existing powder and laundry room into a mudroom
- 2nd floor over 1st floor addition
- Extend master bedroom sleeping area to rear of addition with shaped window facing the rear
- Add a standard and walk in closet to the master (existing area)
- Reconfigure the existing master bath and closets to create a large five fixture master bath (add window on the side)
- Add a bedroom over the great room, add walk in closet for the new bedroom and the remodeled new bedroom in the new space
- Relocate the hall bathroom to the rear, add a sink and dual access
- Add a laundry and two linen closets
- Bedroom over the foyer
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler. Follow along with the project’s progress as photos will be added.