Design Build Planners works as project designers taking our clients through the design and development portion of a remodeling project. This includes the conceptual design using dollhouse overviews and CAD, written scope of work with line item pricing, +/- options, design appropriate product selection allowances (along with introductions to Design Build Planners Showroom Partners), and calendar schedules outlining project timelines.
At that point, approximately 70% of our clients elect to use one of our full service, turn key, Network Remodelers. You can read about what separates our remodelers here. How do the other 30% of our clients get their projects completed? There are three options:
- Build it themselves
- GC it themselves
- Use a remodeler outside of our network
Below are two reviews from clients who used DBP’s design and development services, but chose a remodeler outside of our network. As you can tell, this option certain adds some variability to the situation. While DBP works for the client and NOT the remodeler, most clients find that our “ground rules” for our network remodelers along with our vetting process goes a long way in terms of getting the project completed in a manner that leaves all parties happy.
Remodeling Project Protection
Imagine thinking the following scenario…
“Once again we were ready to do some remodeling. Our home had some much needed renovation work which we were about to tackle. But – – I remembered the last time when we were working on installing the kitchen cabinets. What a conglomeration of dirt, saw dust and confusion that was. How on earth were we going to avoid a repeat performance of that scenario?”
We invite remodelers to create a guest blog about a recently completed project that Design Build Planners will publish on our website and then promote throughout our vast social media network. This is a very good opportunity for remodeling companies. Since DBP are project designers and not contractors, any appropriate lead inquires from a specific blog for remodeling work will be referred back to that remodeling company. Continue reading
How to Remove Wall Paper
To begin the process of removing wall paper, you will need a wallpaper solvent, a chemical (tri-sodium phosphate (TSP) in this case), drop cloth or plastic sheeting, spackling compound, sandpaper, wallpaper steamer, a perforating tool, tools to scrape the wallpaper out.
Almost without exception, each homeowner that Design Build Planners meets with has either had a bad, past remodeling experience or knows someone personally that has. The seven most common remodeling project complaints that DBP hears begin with:
- “The project took way too long…”
- “My house and yard were a mess…”
- “Too many surprises, extra costs…”
- “I couldn’t communicate with the workers…”
- “They would not call me back…”
- “No project schedule…”
- “I had to manage the project myself…” Continue reading
In April of 2014, New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio, when asked about his continued tardiness for events and meetings, stated that being on time is not that important. His critics, including former Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, feel De Blasio’s chronic late arrivals are a result of being unorganized and are quite rude.
Design Build Planners understands that your time is extremely valuable. If a DBP Project Designer is late for their first meeting of the day, regardless of the reason, they will pay the homeowner $1.00 for each minute past the scheduled project design consultation time. If your appointment is not the first of the day, Design Build Planners will contact you upon leaving the previous meeting to update you as far as the estimated time of arrival. This commitment to timeliness and professionalism is just one of many company policies designed to make homeowners remodeling experiences more professional and pleasant. Continue reading