Tag Archives: development

Who Will Build Your Next Remodeling Project?

This entry was posted in Home and Family Lifestyle, Home Remdodeling and tagged , , , , , , , , , , on by .
Design Build Planners works as project designers taking our clients through the design and development portion of a remodeling project. This includes the conceptual design using dollhouse overviews and CAD, written scope of work with line item pricing, +/- options, design appropriate product selection allowances (along with introductions to Design Build Planners  Showroom Partners), and calendar schedules outlining project timelines. At that point, approximately 70% of our clients elect to use one of our full service, turn key, Network Remodelers. You can read about what separates our remodelers here. How do the other 30% of our clients get their projects completed? There are three options:
  • Build it themselves
  • GC it themselves
  • Use a remodeler outside of our network
Below are two reviews from clients who used DBP's design and development services, but chose a remodeler outside of our network. As you can tell, this option certain adds some variability to the situation. While DBP works for the client and NOT the remodeler, most clients find that our "ground rules" for our network remodelers along with our vetting process goes a long way in terms of getting the project completed in a manner that leaves all parties happy. Continue reading