Hi There, Fellow Gardeners!
This is AnnahMarie and Becca.
Today, Organic Gurlz Gardens
of Fort Wayne, Indiana
will be sharing recipes on Spring Smoothies
In the spirit of spring, we at Organic Gurlz Gardens
‘blended’ up a few recipes for this delightful season to come.
The Cranberry ‘n Cabbage Smoothie:
This cool beverage is a favorite at Organic Gurlz Gardens
– especially when enjoying the rays of the sunshine in the spring!
*this will be a tart drink*
- 6 oz. of cranberry juice
- 1 oz. of cranberries
- 1 cup of freshly-picked strawberries
- ½ cup of freshly-picked Raspberries
- 1 Banana
- 1 tsp. full of fresh Apple Mint leaves (Some for actual blending, some to use as garnish if desired)
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt, vanilla or plain
- 1 1/3 cup of fresh Red Cabbage (yes, cabbage)
- Blend in a high powered blender until you reach your preferred consistency
The dazzling flavor of this Cranberry ‘n Cabbage smoothie is sure to wow your taste buds!
*Add honey according to your sweetness pallet*
Watercress Apple Smoothie:
There is nothing we at Organic Gurlz Gardens
enjoy more than supplementing our produce into a smoothie! This drink is great for embracing the perfect-weather days on your deck or patio
*Add honey (we recommend orange blossom honey) according to your sweetness pallet*
A few benefits of these fruits and veggies
- An ‘adult’ handful of Watercress
- 1 apple (Granny Smith or Gaia are great for this recipe)
- ¼ of an Avocado
- ½ frozen Banana
- 1/3 cup of ice
- ½ cup water (less or more according to your desired consistency)
- Blend in a high powered blender until you reach your preferred consistency.
Watercress has been said to lower blood pressure and increase the body’s natural cancer prevention. This succulent green also assists in treating diabetes.
Keep these awesome Watercress benefits in mind when enjoying your delicious smoothie!
Cabbage is sure a ‘head’ of the completion!
Filled with vitamins and minerals, this leaf-ball helps fight off cancer, may lower cholesterol, and taste scrumptious in smoothies!
*Always consult with your physician and/or nutritionist when modifying your diet.
Don't forget to tell your kids, grandchildren , nieces and nephews about the Kids Oasis
Don't have a garden? No Worries! Contact Becca at [email protected]com or [email protected]Organicgurlzgardens.com to schedule a free consultation!
Keep on growing!
"Let The Muddy, Messy Girl Build Your Garden Today"
The Organic Gurlz Gardens
to check out Organic Gurlz Gardens on Facebook