Hi There, fellow gardeners!
Today, Organic Gurlz Gardens of Indiana will be sharing a recipe on, Rooted-Veggie Kabobs.
As we are in Fall and the leaves begin to show their true hues, be sure to fire up your grill at least one more time before winter arrives.
- To roast up these delicious skewers, we use these wonderful ingredients-
- 2 medium red or white potatoes
- 1 cup of red, yellow or green bell pepper chunks
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- 1 cup of red onion chunks
- 1 cup of white button mushrooms
- 1 cup of zucchini or yellow squash chunks
- 1 cup of freshly-picked cherry tomatoes
Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup of cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Cook the potatoes in salted water until they become fork tender. Let the roots cool and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place potatoes and the vegetables in a shallow dish or container. Pour the marinade over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat the grill too medium – high heat.
Remove vegetables from the marinade, reserving marinade. Thread vegetables onto skewers, alternating colors if desired. Cook skewers on grill until vegetables are lightly charred all over, about 10 minutes, basting with reserved marinade and turning occasionally.
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. The marinade can be prepared in advance and held covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Enjoy these awesome skewers and the Fall weather!
Don’t forget to tell your kids, grandchildren , nieces and nephews about the Kids Oasis!
Don’t have a garden? No Worries! Contact Becca at Becca.b@OrganicGurlzGardens.
Keep on growing!
“Let The Muddy, Messy Girl Build Your Garden Today”
The Organic Gurlz Gardens
CLICK HERE to check out Organic Gurlz Gardens on Facebook