This is Becca and AnnahMarie.
Today, Organic Gurlz Gardens of Fort Wayne, indiana will be sharing information and a Recipe for Edible Flowers.
Edible Flowers can be the perfect accompaniment at times. These little delights are the perfect accent to dinner, dessert and drinks! Listed below is a guide to flowers that taste sweet, savory, and can do more for your dish than act as a mere garnish. You will impress your dinner gets in your kitchen while tantalizing their taste buds!
- Organic fresh pansies’ subtle flavor can fill your pancakes with a sweet wintergreen taste. Pansies are a fun flower to add to cookies and desserts.
- The shocking bright blue flowers of borage has a familiar taste to cucumbers. This flower is the perfect thing to pair with salad or seafood.
- The sweet flavor of gardenia’s in your cream adds a fresh scent that is light and warm. Infusing heavy cream with the blossoms adds a sweet scent and taste to amp up ordinary vanilla!
- For an organic jelly that has a flavor close to honey, dandelion jam makes a sweet spread on toast or biscuits! …Looking for a Great Gift idea? Order Dandelion Jam from Organic Gurlz Gardens!
- The flower viola has a mild lettuce-like flavor which makes them a tasty and colorful way to brighten up a regular salad.
- With a soft, floral fragrance and citrus notes, lavender can be used to make tea, sugar, or as a substitute for rosemary.
- Nasturtium flowers, leaves and seeds have a mild, peppery bite and can be a substitute for capers. Mince them up and spice up your cream cheese spread.
** For your safety, O.G.G. recommends only eat the petals of flowers – NOT the pollen. If you’re prone to allergies, edible flowers might make your condition worse. Make sure your flowers are free from pesticides and research flowers before consuming to make sure they’re not poisonous.
There is nothing like Blossoming flowers in your Organic Garden!
The Organically grown flowers will bring beautiful colors to your Garden.
Best outcome for your garden is Organic Gurlz Gardens!
We guarantee the raised garden beds for 5 years, with maintenance and care.
Becca’s recipe for edible flower salad 🙂
- 1 garden fresh shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic fennel, shaved
- 1/2 cup organic carrots, shaved
- 1/2 cup watermelon radish, shaved
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1 lemon
- edible flowers (Marigolds , Pansies and so on)
- 1/4 cup organic cold press virgin olive oil
- Place shallot, mustard, salt, champagne vinegar, pepper in a large wooden bowl.0
- Whisk to combine, stir around the bowl to flavor the bowl.
- In bowl, add organic fresh shaved carrots and watermelon radish
- Sprinkle fleur de sel
- Massage vegetables into dressing *Organic Gurlz Gardens suggests all vegetables should be covered into dressing to have maxim flavor*
- Add mixed greens into bowl, drizzle with lemon juice * O.G.G. recommends to grate 2 tbsp of lemon peel from your fresh organic lemon
- Toss everything by hand
- Add a couple of handfuls of **edible flowers** can vary for this salad
Organic Gurlz Gardens recommend the petals from the flowers of:
- Borage, rose, viola, pansy, orange blossom for this salad
- Harvest late from your organic garden in the morning after the dew hours
- To prepare petals rinse gently
- Allow flower petals to dry on a paper towel
Becca recommends: Do not eat flowers from your florist!
- Drizzle olive oil, taste it again, season more if necessary.
Don’t forget to tell your kids, grandchildren , nieces and nephews about the Kids Oasis!
Keep on growing!
“Let The Muddy, Messy Girl Build Your Garden Today”
The Organic Gurl’z Gardens
CLICK HERE to check out Organic Gurl’z Gardens on Facebook