Have you ever just wanted to tune everything out for a bit? How about the benefit of a little extra privacy? QuietRock Sound Reducing Drywall can provide these benefits for you. QuietRock has no paper, and no metal on the inside of the panel yet delivers acoustical ratings of up to STC 55 on single stud construction. In addition, this drywall is very easy to install. Sound Transmission Class (STC) is an integer rating of how well a building partition attenuates airborne sound. STC is widely used to rate interior partitions, ceilings/floors, doors, windows and exterior wall configurations. Thus, less sound will come into the rooms and less will leak out.
Furthermore, when considering QuietRock Sound Reducing Drywall, here are some benefits you can account for:
- No need to use a saw to cut the panel, just simply score and snap
- No paper or metal in the middle of the panel
- Installs and hangs just like regular drywall
- Easier and faster to install which leads to increased productivity and lower labor cost
- Load bearing, 1 hour fire rated, Type X
- Unlike resilient channel, cannot be easily short circuited
- Can be used on ceilings and load bearing walls
- QuietRock ES is as easy to snap as regular 5/8” gypsum
- Abrasion resistant paper
QuietRock EZ-SNAP delivers reliable acoustic performance at the lowest installed cost. Below are some pictures showing off the technology and the application of the walls.