These New Providence, New Jersey homeowners have already undertaken one massive remodeling project in the past year, which can be found here. Now, they are seeking a porch to bedroom conversion to increase living space. The Design Build Planners created the design build remodeling designs.
The project consisted of converting a 160 sq ft sunroom into a bedroom. To complete this, the following scope of work was to be used:
- Remove three exterior walls
- Leave roof, ceiling, stained glass door to the house, and tile flooring
- New wall system, 2 Andersen windows, insulation, drywall, molding, cedar shake exterior
- 4 recessed lights and a dimmer switch
- New rear steel insulated entry door with an exterior light and switch
- Existing steps and landing remain
- Add electric baseboard heat unit
- Paint interior and cedar shakes on exterior
- Dispose of all related debris
The homeowners drew their inspiration from bedroom remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room use. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Follow along with the project’s progress as photos will be added.