The Howell, New Jersey homeowners wanted to renovate their outdoor space. The homeowners hired Design Build Planners to create designs for the outdoor living space. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the project. Below you will find a bullet point overview of the scope of the project.
- Excavate/add fill as needed for plan.
- Install paver blocks over stone and sand (installation details to be determined by installation company)
- Approximately 22” tall retaining wall across the front center, around the fire pit area, and increase height to 36” in the cooking area
- Build a raised deck area with composite decking and white railing for a sunk-in hot tub. Concrete base for tub as needed per manufacturer specifications
- Alter existing deck stairs as needed for the new paver floor system
- Provide kitchen area with under counter refrigerators (2), kegerator, sink, and built in grill
- Install a stainless hood for ventilation per code
- Install outdoor cabinetry for storage
- Solid surface counter top in cooking area with extended area for seating (hidden support design)
- Build a custom wood burning fireplace (hybrid gas optional)
- Build shed/reverse gable roof design over the entire area with the exception of the fire pit area
- Vinyl Bead board on the ceiling, soffit, and inside fascia
- Closed ceiling/hidden collar ties in reverse gable
- Seven 12” Permacast (or similar) structural columns with hurricane strapping
- Oversized gutters with three underground drains leading towards the south side of the house
- Limestone top for retaining wall, thin veneer stone to match existing front (if possible). Cultured Stone Black Rundle depicted
- Install recessed lighting, six outlets (water resistant) hood and hot tub hook up, and 3 ceiling fans. Low voltage lighting (13 depicted) along rock bedding and walkway to the drivewayPavers: 780 SF Roofing: 1056 SF
The homeowners style preferences were for a contemporary look and finishes. They drew their inspiration from remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment. Below are a few photos of the existing space as well as the computer designs.