The Monmouth County, New Jersey homeowners have a stunning home, but they are seeking to remodel their outdoor living space in order to create an inviting retreat; ready to entertain and enjoy. They hired Design Build Planners to create the outdoor living area designs for the project.
Thus, the homeowners were presented with three different packages. Plan 1 is known as the “Robust” package. Plan 2 is known as the “Modest” package. Finally, Plan 3 is known as the “WOW” package. For this outdoor living space remodel, you can see the differences detailed in the plan scopes. Find out more about the service the Design Build Planners offer here.
Below are a few of the before pictures from the existing space.
Here is the scope of Plan 1, the Robust package. Pictured below the bullet point overview of the design scope are the Computer Aided Designs (CAD) for Plan 1.
Plan 1~ ROBUST:
Plan 1 ~ Main plan overview-ROBUST
- Single level deck with clipped corners extending from great room, across to the mud room door. 20’ out, approximately 40’ across
- 9’ outdoor kitchen with a built in grill, under counter fridge, outdoor cabinetry, and granite top
- Composite deck material and black metal rail
- Wrap deck posts with stone to match the front of the home
- Close in the bottom of the deck with false stucco walls to match the existing stucco (provide access door)
- Rain-catcher system to divert water from below the deck
- One set of stairs from the deck to the ground in the front of the deck only
- Install a hybrid fire pit on the deck
Here is the scope of Plan 2, the Modest package. Pictured below the bullet point overview of the design scope are the Plan 2/Modest Computer Aided Designs.
Plan 2 ~ MODEST:
- Composite railing and posts
- Gas fire pit
- Open shelving in cooking area, reduced storage from plan 1
- Stand-alone fireplace
- Composite band around deck in place of stone
- Remove built in seating
Here is the scope of Plan 3, the WOW package. Pictured below the bullet point overview of the design scope and the “WOW” Package Computer Aided Designs.
Plan 3 ~ The WOW Package:
- Cable rail and metal posts
- Custom wood burning fireplace (two-sided)
- Diagonal decking with deck boarder
- Enlarged cooking area with island
- Covered area with skylights, ceiling fan, and lighting
- Privacy wall near mud room door
- Double door for access under deck
In addition, listed below are project options that the homeowners are considering.
- Low Voltage deck lighting in posts and stair treads
- Vinyl pergola
- Stone on chimney
- Remove skylights
- No French door
- Perma-cast columns
- Remove fireplace
- Upgrade to Ipe decking material
The homeowners style preferences were for a modern look. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and outdoor space usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
The computer images were created by the talented Design Build Planners design team under the direction of Jason Parsons. Jason Parsons is a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.