This is Becca.
Today, Organic Gurlz Gardens of Fort Wayne, Indiana will be sharing information about Organic Household Cleaning Tips.
Washer and dryer:
Skip the dryer sheets for the laundry.
As a busy mom and “taxi” of the household, I completely understand the hassle of scurrying to the store only to pick up factory-made dryer sheets. After all, this adds unwanted stress (and is a waste of gas).
CLICK HERE for tips from Design Build Planners on selecting a washer and dryer for your mud room.
Bypass the conventional method! Do it the organic way! (Besides, who needs the extra pressure?)
You can add a drop or two of essential oils (such as Lemon balm, Mint, and Lavender) to a cloth and then throw it in the dryer with your dampened clothes. We at O.G.G. strongly suggest this method since it is much more Earth-friendly than scented dryer sheets. (Plus, it can save some money!)
Flooring & Floor Covers:
Steer clear no longer; Organic Gurlz Gardens has a solution!
This organic blend will clean and scent your wood floors. You can use other fragrant teas in place of the Peppermint such as Lemon or Ginger.
What you will need for the floor detergent:
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup Peppermint tea, strained
Simply add the vinegar and tea to about 2 gallons of warm water in a bucket. Wash (but don’t soak) floors—no need to rinse!
- To make Peppermint tea (from the garden!) for enjoyment:
- ½ cup dried or fresh Peppermint leaves
- 4 cups of water
- Boil the 4 cups of water
- Add the dried/fresh peppermint
- Turn off the heat
- Cover pot with lid
- Let rest for about 7-10 minutes
- Pour through strainer
As a side note: Add a dab of organic honey for sweetness! “Enjoying delicious tea while the floors are becoming clean!” – O.G.G.
The best outcome for your garden is Organic Gurlz Gardens!
We guarantee our organic raised garden beds for 5 years, with maintenance and care.
Don’t worry if you have carpets! We at O.G.G. have a practice for aiding fuzzy floors as well-
For many of us (me included), dogs, kids, and wine stains on carpet can wear down that new carpet. Along with being the carpet’s worst enemy, dogs and kids can change the carpet into, well, Fur-mania, and wine can just the destroy the “Beauty” of the carpet.
What you will need for the carpet cleaning agent:
- According to size of spot, 2 tbsp. of Baking soda for every 2 inches in diameter
Half a Lemon
- Take the half Lemon and mix it with the baking soda. Then spray the liquid mixture on the stained spot. Allow it to sit on the stain for a little while– anywhere from an hour to overnight. Lemon is a wonderful all-around cleaner, and it helps to deodorize the carpet as well.
- Mix a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and water in a spray bottle (remember to repurpose!) Generously spray this mixture on the baking soda and allow it to fizz.
- Lay a towel or rag over the wet spot and press on it to absorb the moisture. We at Organic Gurlz Gardens practice not “scrubbing” carpet, since it can damage the fibers.
Don’t forget to tell your kids, grandchildren , nieces and nephews about the Kids Oasis!
Keep on growing!
“Let The Muddy, Messy Girl Build Your Garden Today”
The Organic Gurlz Gardens
CLICK HERE to check out Organic Gurlz Gardens on Facebook