The Ocean County, had existing space that was unfinished. They wanted to build an office suite, and a plumbing pump room off the area. In addition, they also wanted to make numerous changes to their bathroom. They hired Design Build Planners to their design build remodeling plans.
Here is the overview of the kitchen remodeling design scope:
- Build plumbing pump room off existing storage closet
- Relocate entrance to the storage closet
- Create an L-Shaped desk/wet bar area with glass wall cabinets
- Under cabinet refrigerator
- Install a murphy bed/couch on electric closet wall
- Install a 3-fixture bath in the corner against the existing bathroom
- Bath to have a 30” vanity, toilet and shower
- Shower to have a frameless glass door, bench seat, and wall niche
- Tile shower floor, bathroom floor and shower walls to the ceiling
- Bead board on walls outside of shower area
- Tile main area floor
- Tall cabinet storage area
- Pull out love seat depicted in plan
- Change entrance door to full obscure glass
- Suspended ceiling with acoustical tiles
- 6” crown molding
- Lighting per plan
- Solid slab doors
The homeowners style preferences were for a modern concept. They drew their inspiration from kitchen projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
At the top is a dollhouse overview of the project. Below are two photos of the existing interior space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.