The Monroe, New Jersey homeowners are seeking to optimize their basement space. They hired Design Build Planners
to create designs for their interior remodeling project.
Thus, the homeowners were presented with three different packages. Plan 1 is known as the "Robust" package. Plan 2 is known as the "Modest" package. Finally, Plan 3 is known as the "WOW" package. For this basement project the differences in the design levels can easily be recognized in wet bar, bathroom, laundry room, family area, lighting, molding, and material selections. Find out more about the service the Design Build Planners
Below are a few of the before pictures from the previously finished basement.
Here is the scope of Plan 1, the Robust package. Pictured below the bullet point overview of the design scope are the Computer Aided Designs (CAD
) for Plan 1.
Plan 1~ ROBUST:
Plan 1 ~ ROBUST
- Engineered wood flooring throughout the main area
- TV area with sectional eating with built-ins and stone accent
- Bar seating overlooking the TV area
- Gaming area with Air Hockey and poker table
- Wet bar with beer tap, rear wall storage, and seating for 4
- Three fixture bath
- 4-panel doors
- Gym area with open space, specified equipment, storage, and water fridge
- Barn Door access to the gym, fixed glass windows overlooking the TV area
- Neutral Colored Walls
- Stained Square column
- Closed mechanical room
- Closed unfinished storage: Workshop room
- 4” recessed lights
Here is the scope of Plan 2, the Modest package. Pictured below the bullet point overview of the design scope are the Plan 2/Modest Computer Aided Designs.
Plan 2 ~ MODEST (changes from Plan 1):
- Glass French door to gym
- No windows to TV area
- No built-ins, arches, or stone in TV area
- Carpeted floor
- 6 panel doors
- Dry bar with floating open shelves in the rear
- 2-fixture bathroom
- Round Column wraps
- Standard recessed lights
Here is the scope of Plan 3, the WOW package. Pictured below the bullet point overview of the design scope are the Plan 2/"WOW" Package Computer Aided Designs.
Plan 3 ~ The WOW Package (changes from plan 1):
- Cork floor in gym
- Gym is enlarged, barn door and window locations switched
- Move furnaces and water heater to a new utility room at top wall
- Stone Columns
- Open stairs, new railing
The homeowners style preferences were for a modern look. They drew their inspiration from finished basement projects featured on Houzz.com
. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners
. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and basement usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners
incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
The computer images were created by the talented Design Build Planners
design team under the direction of Jason Parsons. Jason Parsons is a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler
Find Out If DESIGN BUILD PLANNERS Is Right For You click here →