These Millstone, New Jersey homeowners have been in their home since it was first built in 1979. As they aged with the home, they decided that first floor living was the best solution for them both in the present and future. The homeowners hired the Design Build Planners to create master suite addition designs. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the addition.
The complete bullet point scope of addition project is outlined below.
- Remove patio door from family room to create a doorway to the new area
- Entry foyer connecting new suite, family room, and rear deck (tile floor)
- Litter box alcove in foyer
- New master bedroom with space for king sized bed, TV/built in area, bookshelf/reading area, and a desk area
- Crown molding
- Stained windows and doors with matching trim package
- Five fixture master bath featuring
- Private water closet
- Dual sink vanity with make up area
- Jetted tub in deck
- Storage cabinet
- Large shower with bench seat and two niches
- Tile floor, shower floor, and walls to ceiling, tile tub and vanity walls to 4′
- Heated floor with thermostat
- Walk in closet for two with closet system
- Extend the deck for access to main area and stairs
- Exterior siding to match existing as close as possible
- Roofing to match existing as close as possible
- Lighter per plan
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler. Follow along with the project’s progress as photos will be added.