The Harding New Jersey homeowners have a wonderful home with an extremely spacious master bathroom. The space was already very nice, but the homeowners decided that they wanted to modernize it and reconfigure the space. They hired Design Build Planners to create the luxury bathroom design of their dreams. Pictured to the right is a dollhouse overview of the project.
First, the plan called for the removal of the existing fixtures, vanity, and tile. The shower and the water closet walls were to be reconfigured. Next, the tub deck was removed to allow for a free-standing tub. In addition to this, the homeowners added a gas insert to the dressing room fireplace as well as covering the brick tiles with stone. Finally, new lighting and finishes were completed.
Here is the overview of the bathroom remodeling design scope.
- Relocate second sink to join first sink on the wall adjacent to the closet
- Remove tall pantry and move first sink to open to the vanity area
- Single large mirror over the sink with two wall sconces
- Pillar cabinets (stacked) with crown to the ceiling
- Enlarge the make-up area width
- Triple large mirrors over the make-up area with two wall sconces
- Based and pillar cabinets stacked with crown to the ceiling
- Remove tub deck, tub, and columns
- Install a free standing tub with a floor mount faucet
- Relocate the water closet to the exterior wall. Install smoked glass door.
- Relocate shower to the water closet area, angle front to match opposite wall
- Glass enclosure with level entry system, steam vent over knee walls
- Glass partition to the morning room
- Dual niches flanking the glass partitioned
- Bench along the niche wall
- Rainhead, three body sprays, handheld unit
- Steam system
- Tile floor
- Inlay with border around the tub
- Tile to 48″ around tube area and exterior shower knee walls
- Tile shower floor, walls, and ceiling
- Replace morning room cabinets to match the new vanity
- Raise fireplace base and install a gas insert
- New stone veneers on fireplace (close side)
- Tile morning room floor
- Lighting per plan
The homeowners style preference was modern. They drew their inspiration from luxury bathroom remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and bathroom space use. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.