These Warren, New Jersey homeowners are ready to transform their kitchen. The kitchen remodel begins with removing the bearing wall to the dining room. Next, a new wall is to be built two feet into the new dining room with a 6′ opening. A new garden window was to be installed, and the existing kitchen island was to be expanded. The Warren, New Jersey homeowners hired the Design Build Planners to create their remodeling designs. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the project.
Below is a complete scope of the kitchen remodeling project.
- Remove bearing wall to dining room
- Build a new wall, two feet into dining room, with a 6’ opening
- Install a garden window, lowered bottom so new countertop can extend into
- Enlarged 2-tier island with seating
- Island to be painted gray with beadboard
- New 36” cooktop to the side wall with a wood hood
- Storage cabinetry to match the island
- White painted shaker style cabinets
- Hardwood floor remains, patch as needed, sand and re-finish
- Paint all trim white
The homeowners style preferences were for a contemporary look and finish. They drew their inspiration from kitchen projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and kitchen use. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
At the top is a dollhouse overview of the project. Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.