These Watchung, New Jersey homeowners have a big kitchen with a connected dining area, but they couldn’t help but feel as if much of it was outdated. Thus, the Somerset County, New Jersey homeowners hired the Design Build Planners to create their remodeling designs for their kitchen.
At the top is a dollhouse overview of the project. Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.
The complete scope of the kitchen remodel is detailed below.
- Move patio door to the center of the exterior wall, enlarge to 8’ door
- Table in the table nook for 8 seats
- L-shaped island with sink relocated
- Two ovens in island
- Wood hood over cook top
- Farm sink
- Valance over window with additional wall cabinet
- Open up the dining/basement area as drawn
- Wrap exterior wall cabinetry with a wet bar/butler’s pantry
- Widen the opening to the dining room
- Built in refrigerator
- 4” recessed lights
- Microwave drawer in the island
- Tall cabinets on the landing to the basement
- No tall cabinets on the laundry wall
- Plank tile flooring
The homeowners style preferences were for a modern look and finishes. They drew their inspiration from kitchen projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and kitchen use. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
To get a better feel for the homeowner’s taste, below are three pictures they placed in their Houzz Ideabook.