These Rutherford, New Jersey homeowners wanted to start fresh with their remodeling project. Thus, the kitchen and sunroom were to be demolished to the stud and subfloor. Further, a wall from the kitchen to the remodeling room was to be taken down in order to build a more modern, open kitchen. The Design Build Planners created the design build remodeling designs. Pro Skill Construction is building and managing the project.
Below is an overview of the project’s scope.
- Demo kitchen and sunroom to the stud and subfloor
- Build up sunroom floor to kitchen floor height
- Relocate the powder room to the sunroom as drawn, pocket door entry
- Awning window in the powder room
- Remove the wall from the kitchen to the dining room per plan (knee wall at cabinetry)
- Install new windows in kitchen to match counter top height
- Relocate range to the exterior wall and the refrigerator to the dining room wall
- Alter sink plumbing as needed
- Extend counter top at sink to dining room for additional seating
- Install two-sided 18” deep upper cabinets over the sink
- Install stacked upper cabinets with crown to the ceiling
- Install 15” deep cabinets over the windows
- Cabinetry per plan, allowing opening for existing radiator
- Tall pantry storage with chalkboard panel in 4 doors
- Tile back splash on all exposed areas of exterior wall
- Super White counter top
- Tile floor in kitchen and powder room
- Bead board in powder room
- Lighting per plan
The homeowners drew their inspiration from kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room use. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler. Follow along with the project’s progress as photos will be added.