The East Brunswick, New Jersey homeowners wanted to add a 16′ addition for a kitchen and laundry room. The homeowners hired Design Build Planners to create designs for the kitchen and mudroom addition. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the project.
Below is the complete scope of the design build remodeling project.
- Addition to be 16’ deep for kitchen and laundry
- Extend powder room into existing laundry room
- Kitchen section to have a 9’ ceiling
- Shed roof with gable over window
- Siding and roofing to match existing as much as possible
- Reframe and alter ceiling plumbing in laundry room to 8’
- Bench and jacket hook area
- Add a coat closet to the laundry room
- Flush opening from old to new kitchen should be approximately 11’ 6” with knee walls and columns
- Mini chandelier over island
- Wet bar with storage in existing kitchen space
- Hardwood flooring in kitchen and eating area
- Tile in powder room and laundry
- Coffered ceiling in new space
- Single level deck (composite deck with vinyl rail)
- Door from kitchen to deck
The homeowners style preferences were for a timeless look and finishes. They drew their inspiration from remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.