The Spring Lake, New Jersey homeowners wanted to extend their kitchen and the bedroom above it outwards for an addition in both rooms. Further, the homeowners wanted to enlarge their powder room area. They hired Design Build Planners to create designs for the powder room expansion, as well as the kitchen and master bedroom additions. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the first floor of the project.
Below is the complete scope of the design build remodeling project.
- Extend kitchen to the depth of the rear addition
- Relocate two condensers
- Relocate the location of the bathroom
- Staggered height cabinets
- Large 1-tier island with seating for five
- Upgraded appliance package
- Farm Sink
- Pot Filler
- Add storage closet
- Tile Floor
- Relocate bar area to the seating area
- Close one window and relocate one side wall near the bar area
- Relocate the front door and add a coat closet
- Wood Fireplace on the rear wall
- Add outdoor closet storage
- Stacked stone accent on fireplace wall, on columns, and in bar area
- Open up the ceiling over the landing into the stairway
- Refinish hardwood floor
- Extend Master Bath over new space
- Enlarge the shower
- Add a towel warmer
- Add tile to the non wet walls to 4’
- Enlarge the vanity with makeup area
- Add crown to master bedroom
- Enlarge powder room area
- Side by Side washer and dryer
- Additional storage space
The homeowners style preferences were for a contemporary look and finishes. They drew their inspiration from remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.