These Spring Lake, New Jersey homeowners wanted to open up more space in the center of their home. Thus, they decided to remove walls that separated the kitchen and the dining room. Further, the homeowners choose to remodel their existing kitchen area, as well as a bathroom. The Design Build Planners created the design build remodeling designs. DES Home Renovations is building and managing the project.
The main components of the plan are as follows:
- Open walls with a flush header both sides of the fireplace
- Remove the wall from the kitchen to the dining room
- Close in rear pantry door and window and add a stackable washer/dryer
- Demo drywall on the first floor walls and ceiling
- Combine table area with part of the pantry area for a ¾ bathroom
- Shower to have a level entry system, bench, and wall niche
- Pedestal sink and toilet
The homeowners drew their inspiration from kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room use. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler. Follow along with the project’s progress as photos will be added.