The East Brunswick, New Jersey really wanted a first floor addition; that added several functional features. The homeowners also wanted to tackle several other remodeling projects. They hired Design Build Planners to create their home remodeling and home addition plan.
First and foremost, the project called a 1st floor, rear addition. This addition consisted adding a room that contained an eating area, a powder room in the rear corner, and an in law suite bathroom. Furthermore, the kitchen was to have an island with seating for three added to it, and a double oven/microwave combination. There was also a second floor addition that contained many changes.
Below you can find a complete overview of the design build remodeling scope for a home addition and remodel.
- 1st floor rear addition
- Great room including eating area
- Powder room in rear corner
- In Law Suite bathroom
- Kitchen island with seating for 3 and sink/dishwasher
- Remodel existing kitchen in same location, add double oven/microwave combination
- Convert existing family room into an in law bedroom
- Reconfigure existing powder and laundry area into a mudroom
- 2nd floor over 1st floor addition
- Extend master bedroom sleeping area to the rear of the addition with shaped window unit facing the rear
- Add a standard and walk in closet to the master (in existing area)
- Reconfigure the existing master bath and closets to create a large five-fixture master bath (add window on the side)
- Add a bedroom over the great room, add a walk in closet for the new bedroom and the remodeled bedroom in the new space
- Relocate the hall bath to the rear, add a sink, and dual access
- Add a laundry and two linen closets
The homeowners style preferences were for a timeless look and finishes. They drew their inspiration from remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.