This is AnnahMarie.
Today, Organic Gurlz Gardens of Fort Wayne, Indiana will be sharing information on Herbal Remedies For Insomnia.
“Insomnia – what is it?”
Insomnia is one of the most common sleeping disorders in the world. In fact, 95 percent of older adults have a challenge sleeping through the night. Millions of people end up dealing with it at some point in their lives; sometimes, it is triggered by increased stress.
Let’s discuss ways to get a better night’s sleep in that comfy bed in your bedroom or master suite addition from Design Build Planners!
Chamomile is one of the greatest known herbal remedies for insomnia.
Here is a Chamomile tea recipe from Becca, my Mommy.
You will need:
- Dried Chamomile flowers
- 8 oz. fresh water, brought just to the boiling point
- Optional additions to taste, such as honey, lemon, or mint
- Place the dried flowers in your favorite cup or mug. (If you’re using loose-leaf tea, an infuser or infuser mug is a great idea!)
- Cool the just-boiled water slightly (chamomile tea is best when steeped in hot – not boiling – water), and then add to your cup.
- Let your chamomile tea steep for 5 to 10 minutes (herbal teas tend to improve with longer steeping times to bring out their best flavor and full effect of benefits).
- Optional – Add extras; lemon, or apple mint, if you wish. A dollop of organic honey is a healthy, delicious addition to chamomile tea.
Enjoy this fresh garden treat!
The best outcome for your garden is Organic Gurlz Gardens!
We guarantee our raised garden beds for 5 years, with maintenance and care.
Lemon Balm is an awesome natural remedy for sleep deprivation. The herb is a perennial from the mint family.
Many use the “balm” in aromatherapy for Alzheimer’s disease. Lemon balm contains chemicals that seem to have a calming effect. It might also reduce the growth of some viruses.
Lemon balm is rich in caffeic acid and rosmarinic acid, which are powerful antioxidants that neutralize reactive oxygen species (ROS). The herb also contains eugenol, which acts like a natural anti-inflammatory that helps soothe painful conditions.
Don’t forget to tell your kids, grandchildren , nieces and nephews about the Kids Oasis!
Don’t have a garden? No Worries! Contact Becca at Becca.b@OrganicGurlzGardens.
Keep on growing!
“Let The Muddy, Messy Girl Build Your Garden Today”
The Organic Gurlz Gardens
CLICK HERE to check out Organic Gurlz Gardens on Facebook