When you have an amazing new kitchen, chances are you never want to miss an opportunity to cook a meal. Who doesn’t want to spend time in a newly remodeled kitchen? Aside from breakfast, lunch and dinner add brunch into your cooking routine. Here are a few healthy brunch ideas to make in your beautiful new kitchen.
Huevos rancheros is delicious. All the elements of the dish work perfectly together and compliment the other components without error. The best part about this healthy brunch item is it is so simple to make.
- 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl add lettuce, sliced onion, lime juice, half of the salt and half of the pepper. Toss and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine beans and salsa.
- Lightly spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray and place all of them onto a baking sheet. Each pair should overlap.
- Spread each pair of tortillas with the bean and salsa mix.
- Sprinkle with cheddar and bake for about 5 minutes or until beans have warmed through.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet.
- Crack each egg into a bowl and carefully slide into the pan to avoid breaking the yolks. 9. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and cook eggs for about 5 minutes.
- Plate by placing an egg on each set of tortillas , top with lettuce mixture and finish with cilantro.
Another simple and quick brunch to make in your new kitchen is raspberry bruschetta. It is a nice combination of sweet and tart and looks great when plated.
- 2 thick slices whole wheat artisan bread
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Toast bread in the oven, toaster oven or toaster.
- Heat a skillet over high heat.
- Add brown sugar, lemon juice and zest. Stir until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Add raspberries and stir until the juices start to release and berries are warmed through (about 30 seconds).
- Remove from heat.
- Spread toasted bread with mascarpone, top with berry compote and serve.
Below are some additional kitchen remodeling photos.