This is AnnahMarie and Becca.
Today, Organic Gurlz Gardens of Fort Wayne, Indiana will be sharing information on the Health Benefits of Coconuts and Coconut Oil.
What is Coconut Coir and why use it in the garden?
Coconut Coir comes from the fibrous inner shell of the coconut.
Coconut Coir has a neutral pH level. Most organic garden veggies and flowers increase in growth best in neutral to slightly alkaline conditions.
Coconut Coir acts as a natural fertilizer, which is important for an Organic Garden!
There is nothing in comparison to Organic Gurlz Gardens special secret of both compost as our guaranteed growing producer in your Organic Garden!
This is why we at O.G.G. can offer premium service and maintenance with our raised garden beds for 5 years.
The best outcome for your garden is Organic Gurlz Gardens!
Coir improves soil drainage in the organic raised bed while also helping to retain moisture in quick-draining soils. Since Coir breaks down slowly, it produces air pockets in the soil that allow excess moisture to drain away from plant roots. If you are grow potted plants on your deck or patio, or in your kitchen, you will probably want a drip tray so the draining water does splatter all over the place! J
A featured recipe from Organic Gurlz Gardens: Oil Pulling!
If you aren’t familiar with oil pulling, here is a brief introduction from Becca at O.G.G. –
Oil pulling is simply swishing oil (usually coconut oil) in your mouth for a period of time (about 5 – 20 minutes) and then spitting it out in the trash. It is said to help reduce plaque.
- 1/2 a cup coconut oil
- 2 – 3 teaspoons of essential oils (peppermint, cinnamon, clove, and so forth. Check with your doctor if you are with a child)
Melt the coconut oil until it is on the tipping point of a liquid.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils.
- Next, pour the coconut oil mixture into silicon candy molds. Organic Gurlz Gardens suggests using candy molds for the size of the oil pulls…after all, you wouldn’t want them too big for your mouth! J and put in the fridge or freezer to harden.
- When done, remove oil “Pulls” from molds and store in a jar.
- Use one per day as needed for oil pulling.
Don’t forget to tell your kids, grandchildren , nieces and nephews about the Kids Oasis!
Don’t have a garden? No Worries! Contact Becca at Becca.b@OrganicGurlzGardens.
Keep on growing!
“Let The Muddy, Messy Girl Build Your Garden Today”
The Organic Gurl’z Gardens
CLICK HERE to check out Organic Gurl’z Gardens on Facebook