Hi There, Fellow Gardeners!
This is AnnahMarie and Becca.
Today, Organic Gurlz Gardens
of Fort Wayne, Indiana will be sharing information about the Health Benefits of a Gluten Free Diet
may seem intimidating to some, and they have a reason to feel threatened; the side effects are not quite clear-cut. Numerous people may encounter “the cough” after consuming wheat or ice cream products. Also, consuming gluten
tends to allow allergies to creep into your system.
About 50% of people in the world have celiac disease
or an allergy to gluten
and that percentage is snowballing ever-so rapidly. Celiac disease
is an immune disorder where the body cannot tolerate gluten. If consumed, the lining of the small intestine may become inflamed to where it may cause more severe problems than a stomach-ache.
Also, someone who has celiac disease
may find it difficult to actually digest nutrients.
Gluten-free recipe from Becca:
This is a great gluten free
recipe for any time of day – or night! It so delectable; you, family and/or your guests won’t even realize it is gluten free!
Grilled marinated shrimp:
In a large mixing bowl, pour olive oil, lemon juice, and hot sauce together. Stir.
- 3/4 cup of cold pressed virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley (Sprigs and all)
- 1 fresh lemon, squeezed for juice (Keep peel)
- 1 ½ tbsp. Hot pepper sauce (according to your heat pallet)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (the finer the better)
- 11/2 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1-2 sprigs of dried oregano
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 grinds from the pepper grinder
- 2 pounds of large shrimp, peeled & de-veined but tails attached
*Becca from Organic Gurlz Gardens
presents a culinary tip- “Although cold - pressed virgin olive oil is expensive, it brings out the savory-ness of the dish”.
- Supplement into the bowl the oregano, garlic, parsley, tomato paste, pepper, and the pinch of salt. Stir.
- Take the lemon rind and make a zest. Add the zest to the bowl and stir again.
- Pour the remaining marinade with lid into a bowl with lid. Let the new mixture marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat grill to a medium-high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewer.
- (Of course, you don’t have to eat them on the skewer; but it is easier to cook with the shrimp being steady.)
- Lightly oil the grate. Grill shrimp about 2 - 4 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with the marinade left.
Enjoy with your favorite greens with the marinade as a sauce or even a shrimp plate with a “saucy” presentation! This dish is suitable for your kitchen
table or in your outdoor living space
Don't forget to tell your kids, grandchildren , nieces and nephews about the Kids Oasis
Don't have a garden? No Worries! Contact Becca at [email protected]com or [email protected]Organicgurlzgardens.com to schedule a free consultation!
Keep on growing!
"Let The Muddy, Messy Girl Build Your Garden Today"
The Organic Gurlz Gardens
to check out Organic Gurlz Gardens on Facebook