Hi There, Fellow Gardeners!
This is AnnahMarie and Becca.
Today, Organic Gurlz Gardens of Indiana will be sharing information on Gluten-Free Mint Brownie Recipe.
Gluten is a growing problem resulting in allergies, health issues, and mood swings. We at Organic Gurlz Gardens are here to share our decadent mint brownie recipe; without all of the artificial and hazardous ingredients.
Whether it’s a late night on the couch enjoying a movie, or enjoying a family-game night in the kitchen, you can indulge in these un-guilty pleasures with our easy to bake recipe.
- 4 oz. of semi-sweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups of pure coconut sugar or stevia
- 1/2 tsp. of kosher salt
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ tsp. of mint extract (any flavor would do)
- 2 2/3 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 3 sprigs of apple mint (Leaves only)
- Melt the semi-sweetened chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the 4 eggs until light and frothy, then supplement in the sugar and salt. Stir again well. Fold the chocolate & butter into the egg mixture. Mix in the vanilla extract and flour. Pour the final solution into an oiled 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes.
- Use an electric mixer to beat all of the mint ingredients together.
- Spread over the cooled brownies. Place in the fridge to set for about 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy a delectable “minty” treat!
*We recommend putting some mint leaves on top of the brownie as a garnish, as well as a scoop gardenia frozen yogurt for a refreshing touch. *
While gluten may sound ominous; the side effects are not quite straight forward. Many experience “the cough” after consuming wheat or ice cream. Consuming gluten tends to allow allergies to creep into your system.
** While this recipe is gluten free, talk to your physician/nutritionist about allergies and changes in your diet. **
Don’t forget to tell your kids, grandchildren , nieces and nephews about the Kids Oasis!
Don’t have a garden? No Worries! Contact Becca at Becca.b@OrganicGurlzGardens.
Keep on growing!
“Let The Muddy, Messy Girl Build Your Garden Today”
The Organic Gurlz Gardens
CLICK HERE to check out Organic Gurlz Gardens on Facebook