Hi There, Fellow Gardeners!
This is AnnahMarie and Becca.
Gluten is a growing problem resulting in allergies, health issues, and mood swings. We at Organic Gurlz Gardens are here to share our decadent mint brownie recipe; without all of the artificial and hazardous ingredients.
- 4 oz. of semi-sweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups of pure coconut sugar or stevia
- 1/2 tsp. of kosher salt
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ tsp. of mint extract (any flavor would do)
- 2 2/3 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 3 sprigs of apple mint (Leaves only)
- Melt the semi-sweetened chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the 4 eggs until light and frothy, then supplement in the sugar and salt. Stir again well. Fold the chocolate & butter into the egg mixture. Mix in the vanilla extract and flour. Pour the final solution into an oiled 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes.
- Use an electric mixer to beat all of the mint ingredients together.
- Spread over the cooled brownies. Place in the fridge to set for about 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy a delectable “minty” treat!
*We recommend putting some mint leaves on top of the brownie as a garnish, as well as a scoop gardenia frozen yogurt for a refreshing touch. *
While gluten may sound ominous; the side effects are not quite straight forward. Many experience “the cough” after consuming wheat or ice cream. Consuming gluten tends to allow allergies to creep into your system.
** While this recipe is gluten free, talk to your physician/nutritionist about allergies and changes in your diet. **
Don’t forget to tell your kids, grandchildren , nieces and nephews about the Kids Oasis!
Keep on growing!
“Let The Muddy, Messy Girl Build Your Garden Today”
The Organic Gurlz Gardens
CLICK HERE to check out Organic Gurlz Gardens on Facebook