This kitchen remodeling project is located in Watchung, New Jersey. The design and development work was by Design Build Planners. The construction and remodeling by ProSkill Construction.
The Somerset County kitchen remodel consisted of removing the wall sections to the living and dining room. The doors were also removed from the living and the dining room in order to widen the opening. The kitchen floor was to be tiled and the entire kitchen space was redefined.
Below is a complete scope of the kitchen remodel.
- Remove wall from the kitchen to the living room
- Remove wall from the kitchen to the dining room
- Remove wall from dining room to the living room
- Build knee walls behind the base cabinets to the living room
- Add semi-flush header and column for structure and to separate the rooms
- Expand the kitchen into the living room
- Recess the refrigerator and cooktop area over the garage/basement stairs
- Relocate HVAC and electrical as needed to move walls
- Relocate sink to dining room wall and add a prep sink to the cooktop area
- Pet station near side door
- Add cabinets on dining room side of kitchen
- Add base and wall cabinet against rear wall
- Add raised height counter top with seating
- Add desk and storage area on front wall (unfitted design)
- Tile floor and backsplash
- Add tile to pet station area
- Quartz Counter tops
- New lighting per plan
Below are the before photos, CAD (Computer Aided Design) photos, and photos that were taken throughout the project. Be sure to follow this project through completion!
The project design and development was by the Design Build Planners
Also CLICK HERE to see the bathroom remodeling project in the same home!