This dormer and kitchen remodeling project is located in Middlesex County, New Jersey. The design and development work was by Design Build Planners. The remodeling project consists of an addition off the existing kitchen and a full dormer being added to the second floor of the home. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the project.
Furthermore, the kitchen addition was to be used as a family space, and the existing kitchen was to be remodeled into an entirely new kitchen and eating area. In addition to the 2nd floor doormer, the floor was also rearranged to account for a three fixture bath and three bedrooms.
Below is a complete scope of the design build remodeling project.
- 14×26 addition off the kitchen and behind the bedroom/bathroom
- Replace read bedroom twin DH with a single Egress DH
- New kitchen and eating area in new and existing space
- New family space in the new addition
- Three rear facing windows and a patio door
- Hardwood flooring in kitchen and addition
- Peninsula with seating
- Build a walk in closet to the first floor front bedroom, rear room becomes an office
- Single 8″ siding, dimensional roof
- 50 sq foot exterior wood landing and stairs at the new door
- Add a full dormer to the rear of the home (not including garage)
- Reconfigure 2nd floor to create a three fixture fixture bath and three bedrooms
- Tile in shower area and floor, non-wet walls to 4′ only in bathroom
- Flat roof on dormer
- New roofing on other areas
- Single 8″ siding on dormer
- Laminate wood flooring
The homeowners style preferences were for a timeless look and finishes. They drew their inspiration from remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.
The project design and development was by the Design Build Planners.
Find Out If DESIGN BUILD PLANNERS Is Right For You click here →