The Monmouth County NJ homeowners wanted designs for their outdoor living space. They hired Design Build Planners for flat roof terrace designs. Below is a bullet point overview of the project. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the project.
- Excavate/add fill as needed for plan.
- Install grout-less outdoor tile in sand. Remodeler to determine best installation application
- Retaining wall across the side of the living space and the front up to the hot tub area. Hot tub area underpinned with stone
- Build a raised deck area with composite decking and white railing for a sunk-in hot tub. Concrete base for tub as needed per manufacturer specifications (new location)
- Alter existing deck stairs as needed for the new paver floor system
- Slight change in size to the kitchen area
- Install a stainless hood for ventilation per code
- Install outdoor cabinetry for storage
- Solid surface counter top in cooking area
- Build a custom wood burning fireplace (hybrid gas optional) with 2-way visibility
- Build a flat roof with metal rail accent
- Vinyl Bead board on the ceiling, soffit, and inside fascia
- Add stone area for outdoor firepit space and concrete pad for stools
- Ten 12” Permacast (or similar) structural columns with hurricane strapping
- Oversized gutters with three underground drains leading towards the south side of the house
- Limestone top for retaining wall, thin veneer stone.
- Install recessed lighting, six outlets (water resistant) hood and hot tub hook up, and 3 ceiling fans. Low voltage lighting (14 depicted) along rock bedding and walkway to the drivewayPavers: 775 SF Roofing: 1105 SF
The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment. Below are the existing photos as well the computer designs.
CLICK HERE to see that alternate roof and patio design option.