Exotic Wood Veneer Cabinetry for Perfect Style on a Budget
In selecting kitchen cabinetry, there is a certain prejudice against veneer and in favor of solid wood, even if there are more arguments in favor of the former than the latter. It’s mostly a matter of habit; people have grown up in homes with furniture made of solid wood, and they associate it with the stability of their childhood, while veneer represents the cheaper, more volatile years that followed.
If you’re one of those people who selects solid wood without a second thought, but without any real motive behind your selection, you might want to take a few moments and reconsider your options. For one thing, the industry has changed drastically in the recent years, with major improvements all over the place. There are examples of exotic wood veneer cabinetry available today that would put to shame any piece of solid wood you could find.
Here are just a few advantages of exotic wood veneer cabinetry over solid wood:
- You’ll notice the difference as soon as you start adding up the budget for your furniture; solid wood is drastically more expensive – which doesn’t necessarily make it better, as you’ll see below. In some cases, you may find that certain exotic types of wood are entirely out of your price range – fortunately, though, you won’t have to scrape your design, as you can resort to veneer.
- There are hundreds of possible options to choose from, and it’s not just about color. When shopping for exotic wood veneer cabinetry you can also consider texture, pattern, direction of the pattern, grain structure, and so on – and yes, hundreds of colors, so that your furniture will be a perfect fit, down to each slightly noticeable shade.
- If you have a custom design, exotic wood veneer cabinetry will always be easier to adjust to your needs. It’s difficult and quite expensive to find people who can adjust solid wood cabinetry – and having it custom made is time consuming and a sure way to break the budget. Bu there’s no need to let a few inches get stop you from getting the kitchen you’ve always wanted if you select veneer.
- While veneer cabinets can be adjusted with some ease, furniture made of solid wood will take at the very least 10 weeks in the making, most often more. These are 10 weeks during which your kitchen is a construction site and your family is slowly getting used to eating on the couch while watching the TV (and good luck getting them to ditch that habit later).
- Of course, exotic wood veneer cabinetry is lighter than its solid wood counterpart, which can be a major advantage if you have to move the items later, even if it’s just to push them aside to retrieve a button that fell under a cabinet, or to allow better reach for the mop under the counter. Some people prefer the heavier feel and look of solid wood, which is also better at protecting the items insides – so weigh your options carefully before making an investment. A happy kitchen produces happy food, which is the primary ingredient for a happy family.
Find Out If DESIGN BUILD PLANNERS Is Right For You click here →