Hi There, Fellow Gardeners!
This is Becca.
Today, Organic Gurlz Gardens
of Fort Wayne, Indiana
will be sharing a Drink Recipe for Mint Juleps
~ please note that this is an adult beverage!
Many adults need a Summer Refreshing drink - so here is one to make your Summer a little, sweeter & refreshing.
- Serves 8
- 3 Cups of sparkling mineral water
- 2 Cups of Palm Sugar
- 1 Cup of finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint (Optional but recommended) - garnish
- According to taste ~ 32oz of Kentucky Bourbon or for some Wood Ford reserve
**remember to place serving glasses in the freezer For the extra coolness (also benefits flavor) **
There is nothing like, fresh mints from your Organic Garden
! The taste is exceptional.
There are a variety of mints to choose from that will enhance the flavor of your dishes.
Best outcome for your own garden is Organic Gurlz Gardens
We guarantee the raised garden beds
for 5 years, with maintenance and care.
- Combine water, sugar and fresh chopped mint leaves in a small non stick saucepan on your stove.
- Initially, over medium heat
- Must continuously stir liquid for best results. Increase heat to high.
- Bring liquid to a boil over high heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Allow syrup to cool, which will take approximately 1 hour.
- Pour syrup through a strainer to remove mint leaves
*However, I do not strain my leaves as I do enjoy the added flavor *
- Fill eight the serving glass with crushed ice as mint sprigs
- Into each serving glass:
- pour 4 ounces of bourbon into each glass
- Then pour 1/4 cup mint syrup in each glass (According to the desired flavor, adjust liquid depending on each person's sweet tooth)
- Top each drink with a mint leaves and a straw.
- Trim straws to just barely protrude from the top of the glass.
- Serve your Mint Juleps on your favorite platter
Enjoy in your preferred summer setting such as your deck or patio
Submit your personal tips, photos, or your own Drink Recipe for Mint Juleps.
***Enjoy! Remember to Drink Responsibly ***
"Let The Muddy, Messy Girl Build Your Garden Today"
The Organic Gurl'z Gardens
to check out Organic Gurl'z Gardens on Facebook