After all the work is done, there is nothing that you want to do more than enjoy a great meal cooked in your new kitchen. Chances are your meals have consisted of fast food, frozen meals and several restaurant visits during the duration of the remodel. At this point nothing will satisfy your taste buds more than a home cooked meal. The first meal in your new kitchen should be a celebration. Since celebration is in order the meal should be something truly special. Here are two first meal main courses to consider.
Filet Mignon with Balsamic Glaze
Filet mignon with balsamic glaze is quite a special dish that is ideal for celebrating your new kitchen. It is a high quality cut of meat that melts in your mouth. It only gets better when finished with a balsamic reduction.
- 4 filet mignon steaks, 4 oz each
- ½ cup red wine, dry
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Season both sides of each steak with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place steaks into the hot pan and allow to brown. This should take about 2 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add red wine and balsamic vinegar. Cover and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Baste with sauce when steaks are turned over.
- Plate steaks and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Steaks should have an internal temperature of 120-135 degrees for medium rare.
- Before serving drizzle glaze over each steak and enjoy.
Steamed Lobster Tails
Lobster tails are the ultimate main course to celebrate your first meal in a new kitchen. The sweet lobster meat is like nothing you have ever tasted before and only gets better after a quick dip in melted butter.
- 8 lobster tails, 6 oz each
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1-½ cups melted butter
- Fill a large pot with about an inch of boiling water.
- Salt the water with 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Place a steamer insert inside of the pot just above water level.
- Add 4 lobster tails.
- Cover and allow to cook undisturbed for 8 minutes
- Remove from pot.
- Repeat the process with remaining 4 lobster tails.
- Serve with melted butter.
The recipes mentioned above are both amazing ways to celebrate the first meal in a new kitchen. They will make the event special and unforgettable.