Have you ever wondered what to do with that extra room in your home that is sitting empty or being used as storage? Basements, walk-up attics, spare bedrooms and space over the garage are areas that can be transformed into a variety of living spaces for you and your family to enjoy, including:
- Media rooms and home theaters
- Game rooms
- Home gyms
- Libraries and reading nooks
- Home offices
Before starting a bonus room renovation, here are some tips to ensure you get the most out of the project.
- Plan the room, including deciding on a layout, making a wish list and creating a diagram of the room.
- Choose equipment, furniture and accessories to ensure there is sufficient space to accommodate all elements.
- Consider the natural light in the room and ways to incorporate different types of lighting to supplement the natural light and create the desired atmosphere.
- Think about storage options you may need in the room, such as cabinetry, built-ins, shelving and closets.
- Select flooring, paint colors and other design features such as a fireplace or wet bar.
- Hire a professional home design or remodeling company with experience to execute your ideas, design the room and complete construction.
Design Build Planners can help you transform your bonus room into your dream space that reflects your family’s lifestyle and personality!