The Millstone, New Jersey homeowners had a lot ideas for their home remodel, but it centered around finishing a very large basement space. They hired Design Build Planners to create designs for their remodeling project.
While the plan revolves around the basement (adding to main area + adding a bedroom/bathroom), there were a myriad of other desires. The following designs were also made: patio remodel, sunroom addition, bedroom addition, bedroom addition, master bathroom.
Here is the complete scope of the work:
- Engineered wood flooring
- Ample recessed lights and wall sconces
- Include: TV area, game room, exercise room, wet bar, 3-fixture bathroom (shower) in front/top bump out, storage
- Bedroom with escape well and closet at bottom left corner and bump out
- Crown molding
- Rear windows stay the same
- Rear door becomes a 6’ sliding glass door – exterior at stationary panel needs to be excavated with a short retaining wall
- Decorative, square column wraps
- Beyond existing deck to the rear but right of existing stairs (viewed from rear yard) build an approx 300 SF paver block patio
- Knee wall seating
- Patio furniture
- Fire pit
- Add an endless swimming pool off new patio on garage side rear at sloped grade
- From left side (viewed from rear yard) of chimney
- Extend behind master bedroom
- Project 12’ from rear of home
- Tile floor
- Add 8’ to side of home to increase bedroom and closet space
- Convert tub area to a large, two-person shower
- Pivot toilet location and make a private water closet instead of existing shower
Below are a few of the before pictures.
The homeowners style preferences were for a modern look. They drew their inspiration from finished basement projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and basement usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
The computer images pictured below were created by the talented Design Build Planners design team under the direction of Jason Parsons. Jason Parsons is a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.