These Ocean County, New Jersey homeowners wanted to to remodel their 2,000+ sq ft basement. The basement renovation was to include CoreTec flooring, wine storage, stadium seating, wet bar, and a revamped bathroom. In the first floor of the home, the client wanted to revamp their family room with the fireplace and mounted TV as a focal point. The Design Build Planners created designs for the basement renovation PLUS for the Jackson, New Jersey family. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the basement portion of the project.
The basement remodel is to include the following:
- Remove tile flooring and install wide plank Core-Tec or similar
- Remove all wallpaper and wall board, prep and paint walls and drywall ceilings
- Open wall to stairs and add new railing
- Add cabinets to bar area and install new bar counter with wood posts
- Floating shelves in bar over dry stack tile
- Stadium seating section
- 14 new and 2 relocated recessed lights
- Build bench for photo booth area in the basement
- Remodel basement and add shower in place of tub
- Shower to have glass surround
The homeowners drew their inspiration from basement remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room use. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.