Thus, the homeowners were presented with three different packages. Plan 1 is known as the “Robust” package. Plan 2 is known as the “Modest” package. Finally, Plan 3 is known as the “WOW” package. For this basement project the differences in the design levels can easily be recognized in wet bar, bathroom, laundry room, family area, lighting, molding, and material selections. Find out more about the service the Design Build Planners offer here.
Below are a few of the before pictures from the previously finished basement.
Here is the scope of Plan 1, the Robust package. Pictured below the bullet point overview of the design scope are the Computer Aided Designs (CAD) for Plan 1.
Plan 1~ ROBUST:
- Frame in the right side of the basement for laundry, mud, and bathroom areas
- Close door down to a 36” hinged door to the exterior (garage door to remain)
- Enclosed cabinetry around washer and dryer, add utility sink
- Built in bench seating along garage wall
- Barn door separating main area from the laundry/mud area
- Relocate stairs to the underside of the main stairs
- Alter front left bedroom and hall as needed for new basement entry
- Utility room and oil tank rooms remain
- Left side of stairs to be exercise area
- Existing laundry room and bathroom removed to create a bar area, storage, wine storage, and a table
- Round-top doors for wine storage
- Eliminate left side closet
- Use dry-stack stone tile on the exposed area of the chimney
- Plain square column wraps
- Water treatment closet remains
- Center section becomes the TV area
- Wine closet/tall refrigerator include
- Floors to be engineered wood
- 5” white painted base
- 3” ceiling crown (white)
- White Doors 6 raised panel with brushed nickel lever hardware
- Utility room door to be louvered
Here is the scope of Plan 2, the Modest package. Pictured below the bullet point overview of the design scope are the Plan 2/Modest Computer Aided Designs.
Plan 2 ~ MODEST (changes from Plan 1):
- 12×12 floor tile in laundry/mud area
- Reduced built in bench area (replaced with closet)
- Open shelves above washer/dryer
- Utility sink is an option
- No crown
- No dry bar
- Square doors for wine storage
- Drywall on chimney
- Paint columns
- Carpeting for floor
Here is the scope of Plan 3, the WOW package. Pictured below the bullet point overview of the design scope are the Plan 2/”WOW” Package Computer Aided Designs.
Plan 3 ~ The WOW Package (changes from plan 1):
- Backsplash in laundry area
- Wall tile in powder room
- Eliminate oil tanks and oil tank room
- Chimney stone on column also
- Wet bar
- Eliminate two columns for a more open plan
- Closet near the bathroom eliminated
- Chair rail at 3’ high
- Paint wall medium-deep color below rail, lighter color above
The homeowners style preferences were for a modern look. They drew their inspiration from finished basement projects featured on Houzz.com. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and basement usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
The computer images were created by the talented Design Build Planners design team under the direction of Jason Parsons. Jason Parsons is a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.