These South Orange, New Jersey homeowners wanted to add a two-story addition to the side rear corner of their home. The first floor was to be a garage with the second floor to serve as the master suite above. The homeowners hired the Design Build Planners to create the home renovation designs. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the second floor master suite project. Pro Skill Construction is building the project.
The complete bullet point scope of the two-story addition project is outlined below.
- Build a two-story addition off mudroom to add 1st floor garage and 2nd floor master suite
- Garage interior dimensions approximately 14’6×25
- Oversized garage door with 4 windows
- Dressing room in existing bedroom with vanity and two closet partitions
- Bedroom approximately 15’6″ x 14’6″
- White trim in bedroom with crown
- New wood flooring in closet and bedroom
- Three windows and one awning window
- Double door to bedroom
- Bathroom approximately 6’3″ x 14’6″
- Rounded turret area/seat in the shower with a bench
- Fixed tempered window with a privacy glass in shower
- Rainhead and handheld fixture in shower
- Glass partition in shower
- Double sink with tall pillar cabinet
- Tile to shower in ceiling, all bathroom floors
- Siding and roofing to match as close as possible
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler. Follow along with the project’s progress as photos will be added.