The New Jersey investors partake in what is commonly referred to as “house flipping”. The investors find homes that are in need of rehab, fix them up, and then attempt to sell for a profit. With this home in Montville, New Jersey, they wanted to do an add-a-level addition along with a complete renovation of the first floor. They hired Design Build Planners to create add-a-level addition and interior renovations designs in order to better envision the space.
Below, you will find the “listing” that DBP created for the investors and the real estate listing.
Situated on a sprawling 1.5 acre serene property, this 2 story entry foyer welcomes you into this elegant home complete with custom tile floors and gorgeous metal and wood stair railings. Step inside this oversized kitchen with 2-tier island complete a built in sink and seating for 5, a large eating area with table for 8, sliding door to deck, a tall pantry storage and stainless steel appliances including 36″ range and French door refrigerator. Stunning great room with a wood burning fireplace for ambience. Superb features include hardwood floors, custom crown molding and oversized base and window casings throughout. Living room with library alcove. Follow the L shaped stairs upstairs and discover 4 large bedrooms each with a walk in closet. The master bedroom boasts a bayed wall and wide plank flooring. Luxurious Master bath includes double sinks, tub in tiled deck, shower with rainhead, bench seat and frameless glass surround. Second floor laundry room for your convenience. Highlights include a wrap-around covered porch featuring composite decking for your entertaining pleasure.
Move right into this totally remodeled custom home!
Here is a bullet point overview of the remodeling work to be done to the existing home:
- Two story entry with tile floor and open access to the basement hall to garage
- L-Shaped stairs with wood/metal railing
- Large dining room with coat closet, hardwood flooring
- Eating area with table for 8, sliding door to the deck, hardwood floors with tile runner
- Great room with wood burning fireplace and hardwood floors
- Crown molding in great room, kitchen, and eating area. Oversized base and window casings throughout
- Living room with library alcove and access to the bathroom. Hardwood floors
- Three fixture bathroom with shower. Tile floor and shower area
- Oversized kitchen with sink in island
- Island is 2-tier with seating for 5, microwave drawer, and open shelves
- 36″ range with stainless hood
- French door refrigerator
- Tall pantry storage with glass cabinet, liquor shelf, and wine rack
- Hardwood floors
- Large master bedroom with bayed wall for bed, wide plank flooring
- Master walk-in closet
- Master Bath
- His/Her sinks with single mirror
- Tub in tiled deck
- Large shower w/ bench seat, niche, rainhead/handheld
- Tile shower to the ceiling, tile shower floor, and bath floor
- Frameless glass surround
- Hall bath with tub/shower, sink, and toilet
- Laundry room with utility sink, closet and open shelves, tile floor
- Hall closet
- Bedroom 2 facing the rear with walk in closet, hardwood floors
- Bedroom 3 facing the front with walk in closet, hardwood floors
- Bedroom 4 facing the side with walk in closet, hardwood floors
- All new siding, roofing, and windows
- New siding over masonry on detached garage
- Wrap around covered porch featuring composite decking and vinyl railings
- Approx 1000 sq ft of pavers
- Enlarge driveway by approx 400 sq ft
- Concrete steps from driveway to the rear patio
- New walkway to front door from driveway
The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Planners. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room usage. After compiling this information, Design Build Planners incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are three before pictures along with the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler.