These Atlantic Highlands, NJ clients have an 100 year old home that has been in the family for the last 50+. While they love the home, they were in need of a few remodels. As homeowners who love to cook and entertain, the kitchen was the first place to start, with some other projects as potential next phases. The Design Build Pros
created designs for the project. To the right is a dollhouse overview of the project.
Below, you can find a brief bullet point overview of the project's scope.
- Gut kitchen to stud and subfloor. Remove partition walls and laundry closet
- Remove patio door and close space in
- Close side window in and replace with two-section casement
- Add 3' hinged door to the side of the home
- Add 3' window on rear wall towards the bathroom
- Open doorway entry to 3'
- Relocate the doorway to the dining room and enlarge
- Level kitchen floor as needed
- Remove chimney from basement through attic
- Kitchen design as per plan, including farm sink, painted cabinets, granite tops, wood floor
- Appliance package to include French door refrigerator, dishwasher, 30" cooktop, wall oven, microwave built in cabinet, wood hood
- Add laundry closet
- Add access panel in the bathroom to access plumbing for the washer and dryer
- Open doorway from living room to the dining room
- Patch dining room wall board as needed
The homeowners drew their inspiration from kitchen remodeling projects featured on Houzz.com
. The design options are a result of homeowners online research combined with an in-home consultation with Design Build Pros
. There is also a proprietary profile checklist that homeowners fill out that depicts their lifestyle and room use. After compiling this information, Design Build Pros
incorporates their construction knowledge and design creativity for the space with a focus on the budget and overall investment.
Below are a couple of before photos of the existing space. Also below are the final computer designs created by Jason Parsons, a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler
. Follow along with the project's progress as photos will be added.
BACK TO GALLERY